Cooper Robert Pratt

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, September 23, 2010

My wish...

Driving down the road the other day, I heard the song by Rascal Flatts - "My Wish" on the radio. I have never really paid attention to the lyrics before, but for some reason started "really" listening to them. It almost brought tears to my eyes thinking about sweet little Cooper and I couldn't help but wish all of these things for him:

I hope you never look back, but you never forget
All the ones who love you and the place you left
I hope you always forgive and you never regret
And you help somebody every chance you get

Oh, you'd find God's grace in every mistake
And always give more than you take
But more than anything, more than anything

My wish for you is that this life becomes all that you want it to.
That your dreams stay big and your worries stay small
And you never need to carry more than you can hold



I pray that I can raise a strong, God-loving man that will connect with, inspire, help and love people the way his daddy does.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Crazy isn't it? Every night I pray about Eli and this AWESOME responsibility we have to raise him to be a caring, Christian man. So overwhelming and so great...

The Hendrix said...

He is absolutely precious!!!! I love this picture! Can't wait to meet him in person! HOpefully he won't be 15 by then!!

Sara Buff said...

Jane- our boys need to meet and we are only 20 min. away!!

Mel- our boys need to meet and we are 3 hours away!!!