Cooper Robert Pratt

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Sunday, June 12, 2011

My big 3-0

I wasn't dreading turning 30 as much as people probably assume. I'm not a big birthday person anyways, so I wanted it to be real low-key. Anyone who knows me, knows I do not like attention!

Andrew was nice enough to get up with Cooper and let me lay in bed and relax after 7am!  He was downstairs banging all around (I was wondering what in the heck was going on down there). Well, then he brought me a stack of chocolate-chip pancakes and blueberries! Yum!

My sweet neighbors, Jackson (who is Jack's BFF) and Carter rang the doorbell holding a beautiful bouquet of flowers, sweet card and gift. What a surprise!! 

How cute is this?


Then, my co-worker friend, Skip and his wife, Sandy stopped by to bring me some balloons (which have lasted all week and Cooper has loved them!) I was at my favorite shop partaking in some alone time and retail therapy, so I missed them! 

Andrew had asked me what I wanted to do for my birthday - I told him I would love a night out (just the two of us). I had an idea all week he was up to something, but did a very good job hiding it. With the help of my bestie, he planned for everyone to be here before me. I was totally trying to spot cars in the parking lot that I recognized on our way in, but didn't find any. I thought when the waitress picked up 2 menus I was in the clear. Then I was greeted to a GIANT "surprise" when we walked out on the balcony!  I'm ended up being really happy to have all my friends there...I just hate the unexpected.

Here's my friend Michelle and my bro, Bart:




The newly engaged Sean and Carol:


Me and the hubs

Monica and Terry, Erin and Tim and ...check out that view!

The bestie who helped scheme  plan.
My day, from start of finish, was perfect!!

(Did I mention I got to get a haircut, too?)Posted by Picasa

No comments: