Cooper Robert Pratt

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, March 14, 2011

Bonanza!!!

Couponing has become one of my favorite things to do. Crazy I know! You search, print, clip, download, organize, list, organize some more, print some more, etc. etc. It takes FOREVER to get ready to go to the store. But nothing beats the feeling of seeing the register go from $226 to $150.00 (that's 76 bucks folks)! Think of what you can do with all the extra money!

When grocery shopping, I've been trying really hard to not buy anything that isn't on sale. I mean, why pay full price? I use to be terrible and would just buy whatever. Now that I can see actual savings I can hardly believe I use to waste money like that. Oh yeah- and I don't buy stuff just because I have a coupon. I only buy stuff we actually use.

For example, this morning at Kroger, I got 6 boxes of pasta (the kind I already buy) for FREE!! And saved 34% off my total bill. My goal is to save 50% one day. I'm hoping with a little luck I can accomplish this feat!

If your into couponing, there are 2 really great sites out there. My neighbor, Kat, has this site. She does a great job and is even going to have a coupon workshop in our neighborhood this weekend! I'm super pumped to learn all the ends and outs (I think I know everything, but I know I don't). You've probably seen Coupon Katie in Live at Five at Four. Her site had a database of all sorts of coupons, which I really love. Its easy to use. This is where I discovered Target had coupons on their website. For those you who don't know, you can pair a Target coupon with a maufacturer's coupon and get a ton of savings. And I LOVE me some Target!

So, join me and SAVE money.

Just cause Jane wants me to (haha) I'll so some meal planning later.

My little stinker just woke up.

3 comments:

Andrea said...

That's awesome! I've started couponing, too! I definitely could use a coupon course though. I love going to Kroger and seeing my % savings. 50% would be incredible!

Unknown said...

Ummmm, besides all the cute posts about Coop, I love this post! I wish I knew how to coupon really well, but I can't quite figure it all out yet to get the best savings. Must be the English major thing. You are your smarty pants business degree. And YES! Share your meals...I need some ideas! So, do you do all your grocery shopping at Target?

Sara Buff said...

well girls...we are having a coupon class on sunday at our clubhouse in shannon valley. im not sure of the exact time, but i think prob. around 3. a neighbor is the author of knoxvilleonadime.blogspot.com and she is a major couponer.