Cooper Robert Pratt

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Meal Planning 101

I know all moms are looking for new recipies to make. I think it would be nice if we shared a few on here since we all read each other's blogs. If you see something you like, just send me a fb message and I will send you the recipie. Don't know if I can remember all the recipies off the top of my head right now! HaHa!

Since Andrew's on WW and has lost 25+ pounds already, I've been trying to make things that he can eat as well. So here we go (I'll start with today) -

Tuesday - chicken casserole (very easy) with roasted red potatoes and broccoli
Wednesday - going to try out my BFFs recipie for her great-grandmother's meatloaf!  looking forward to this. will serve with mashed potatoes
Thursday - Chicken wraps with grilled onions (very easy, healthy, and yummy)
Friday - Since I got all that pasta for free and some cooking cream cheese (the new stuff) for 50 cents, I think I'll make the chicken pasta recipie on the container. I'll let you know how this turns out!
Saturday -  Delicious chicken (my grandmother's recipie). Roasted red potatoes and corn.
Sunday - going to try out the Pioneer lady's yogurt chicken

Another thing I try to do is if I make a casserole/pasta/ or anything that can freeze easily, I try to cook 1/2 and freeze 1/2. That makes for a little easier time later in the week (or the next week). I highly recommend doing this!!

Looking foward to seeing all of yours!

Thanks Jane for the inspiration.

1 comment:

Andrea said...

YUM! I'm actually making a meatloaf right now :)

And yay for Andrew!!

This is a great idea. Maybe you could start a recipe swap? I would love to swap some easy, healthy recipes with other moms!