Cooper Robert Pratt

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, April 14, 2011

The eve

Seems so crazy to me that one year ago today , I was 39 weeks pregnant!  Andrew came home from work and I told him I thought I might have been having a few contractions throughout the day, but didn't know for "sure". We were so scared excited for Coop to come, but were still 6 days away from the "due" date.

So we decided to stain the deck furniture. Yep, we're weird like that. But first, it needed to be pressure-washed. So we did that for a couple of hours from around 7:30 on. It was hard for me to work in long spurts because I was so huge, so Andrew did most of the work and I mainly watched.

I also decided that it would be a good idea to pack our bags for the hospital. I had been putting it off since I didn't have hardly anything on the "list". (You know - the ones you find online when you google "hospital bag for baby" or something like that). I honestly packed more things for Cooper than myself. Tons of stuff. It was kind of ridiculous.

Well around 9:30 after all the furniture had been washed, but not stained (we were going to do that "tomorrow"), we started timing the contractions. They were pretty sporatic, so we decided to go to bed. Around 12 I woke up, went to the bathroom, had a contraction, and told Andrew to call. This was it. I now knew what they mean when they said, "you'll know".

To make a long story short, we had a tax baby. And he brought us a nice little return this year, I might add!

Its pretty amazing how it all works isn't it?

From This:


to this:


in just one year!

1 comment:

Andrea said...

Happy Birthday sweet Cooper! Happy Tax day, too :)