Cooper Robert Pratt

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Friendship

I have been so fortunate my entire life to have such great friends. Friends you talk to everyday and some you don't. Friends that understand different aspects of your life because they have experienced it. I've found friends in all different places and stages in my life.
Here is a good example of friendship:


Friendship has never been more important to me since, now, I am a mom. Especially since I am a stay-at-home mom.

I cried on the phone many times to my bestie back home about not finding friends in New Orleans. About feeling isolated in my home. About not knowing ANYONE. I mean, Andrew is awesome...but I need good girlfriends like peanut butter needs jelly.


So this brings me to all of these pictures. They are from a party at my friend Musi's home. She and her family are wonderful. Have you seen Modern Family? She is Gloria thru and thru.

It was a NOLA mommas party. That's our mom's club that we made up!!  You see, I've met so many awesome stay-at-home moms here. And we all kinda met up at the same time so it wasn't like I was entering into a group that already had a bond. Each of us have our own story. How we "got in" to the club. Who we met that said...hey, I want you to meet my friend so and so. And you should be a NOLA momma!!




All our kiddos are about the same age, too!!  Its so perfect! There are six of us...so far. We do "thirsty-thursdays" once a month (minus the kiddos of course). We work out together. We have playdates at our homes. We swim together with the kiddos. We do gymnastics together.  We have parties at each other's homes.

Most importantly, we talk. About being a mom. About all the challenges it brings. About all the responsibility it brings. About potty training, snotty noses, sales on kids clothes, cool toys or games, snacks, and everything in-between.
Having these girls (who come from all over the world!!) has really made my transition here so much easier. I thought I would have too much time on my hands. Turns out....I have no time because I am always doing something!!  Coop loves it too, because he is around other kids his age almost everyday.

So, thank you NOLA Mommas. (all of which are not pictured) May we all be friends forever.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Ummm, can I tell you just how jealous I am of your new momma group!!?? I hardly know any other moms who stay at home full time here, and I tell Matthew how lonely I am at least once a week! So happy for you that you quickly found a new group to click with there!! It is so important!!

Sara Buff said...

jane, moving here forced me to put myself out there and make friends. if i was still in knoxville i would probably being doing the same old thing. i actually exchange numbers with moms at the park or at the doctors office or wherever!! its weird and crazy but it worked!! haha!! my advice- put yourself out there. force yourself to make friends. the other moms probably are thinking the same thing you are. you and e have so much to offer!!

TaylorSays said...

Mrs. Pratt, your post just made me so happy for you! I think about you and Coop ALL THE TIME! I got sad the other day thinking about the DECA competition coming up, and I'm not going to get to see you there! So glad you're loving New Orleans and your new mommy friends! Miss you.